The 5 Best Yoga Eye Vision Exercises
The sacred art of Yoga also offers multiple benefits for your eyes with eye vision exercises. There are a total of 6 muscles that connect the eye to the eye socket and help them move to the sides, up and down.
Watching the screens of smartphones and computer systems throughout the day only drains the eye muscles of any flexibility and tires them out. Medical science calls the condition as eye fatigue and it only gets worse as you age.
You might wonder that Yoga is purely to lift your spirits up after a tiresome day at the office or to improve physical flexibility but it offers a lot more. There are various exercises specifically to help your eye function better in the long run.
The Perks of Yoga for Eye Vision
The majority of age-related vision problems stem from only one reason and that is the slow loss of flexibility and tone in the eye muscles. There is an in-depth physiological relationship between the mind and eye that you can save with eye vision exercises of Yoga.
With that said, it is time to focus a bit on the different types of exercises that you can practice to keep vision 20/20. Let us find out about them;
3) Rotational Viewing
4) Near and Distant Viewing
5) Preliminary nose tip gazing
Now let us see how you can perform each one without any issues.
Let us check out the instructions for performing each of these eye vision exercises without any hassle.
Guidelines for Performing Blinking
1) Sit comfortably with eyes open
2) Blink 10 times very quickly
3) Close the eyes and relax for 20 seconds and pay attention to the breathing
4) Repeat the exercise five times
Guidelines for Performing Palming
1) Sit with eyes closed and take a few deep breaths to completely relax
2) Rub the palm of your hands until they are warm and place them over the eyelids
3) Feel the warmth moving from the palms to the eyes and the eyes muscles relaxing
4) Stay in the position until the eyes completely absorb the heat from the palms
5) Keep the eyes closed and lower the hands
6) Repeat it at least three times
Guidelines for Rotational Viewing
1) Sit with straight legs in front of the body
2) Place your left hand on the left knee
3) Hold the right-hand fist above the right knee with the thumb pointing upwards. Remember to keep the elbow straight
4) Keep the head still and focus your eyes on the thumb
5) Using the thumb make a circle and keep the elbow straight
6) Make sure to repeat the motion five times in the clockwise and anti-clockwise direction
7) Now, repeat the process with the left thumb
8) Lastly, close your eyes and rest after performing this eye vision exercises.
Guidelines for Near and Distant Viewing
1) Stand or sit near an open window with a clear view of the horizon. Keep the arms by your side.
2) Focus on the tip of the nose for 5 to 10 seconds
3) Repeat the process for 10 to 20 times
4) Close and relax the eyes
Guidelines for Preliminary Nose Tip Gazing
1) Sit in the cross-legged pose
2) Lift the right arm straight and directly in front of the nose
3) Make a fist with the right hand and keep the thumb pointing upward
4) Focus the eyes on tip of the thumb
5) Bend the arm and bring the thumb to the tip of the nose but keep the eyes focused on the tip of the thumb
6) Maintain the position for some time with thumb at the tip of the nose and eyes focused on it
7) Keep gazing at the thumb and straighten the arm
8) Perform this eye vision exercises five times more
To improve eyesight in the long run you need to practice these eye vision exercises to keep your vision working into the old-age without any issues.