The 5 Best Yoga Eye Vision Exercises
The sacred art of Yoga also offers multiple benefits for your eyes with eye vision exercises. Moreover, there are a total of 6 muscles that connect the eye to the eye socket and help them move to the sides, up and down.
Watching the screens of smartphones and computer systems throughout the day only drains the eye muscles of any flexibility and tires them out. Thus, medical science calls the condition eye fatigue and it only gets worse as you age.
You might wonder that Yoga is purely to lift your spirits up after a tiresome day at the office or to improve physical flexibility but it offers a lot more. There are various exercises specifically to help your eye function better in the long run.
The Perks of Yoga for Eye Vision
The majority of age-related vision problems stem from only one reason and that is the slow loss of flexibility and tone in the eye muscles. There is an in-depth physiological relationship between the mind and eye that you can save with eye vision exercises of Yoga.
With that said, it is time to focus a bit on the different types of exercises that you can practice to keep vision 20/20. Let us find out about them;
3) Rotational Viewing
4) Near and Distant Viewing
5) Preliminary nose tip gazing
Now let us see how you can perform each one without any issues.
Let us check out the instructions for performing each of these eye vision exercises without any hassle.
Guidelines for Performing Blinking
1) Sit comfortably with eyes open
2) Blink 10 times very quickly
3) Close the eyes and relax for 20 seconds and pay attention to the breathing
4) Repeat the exercise five times
Guidelines for Performing Palming
1) Sit with eyes closed and take a few deep breaths to completely relax
2) Rub the palm of your hands until they are warm and place them over the eyelids
3) Feel the warmth moving from the palms to the eyes and the eyes muscles relaxing
4) Stay in the position until the eyes completely absorb the heat from the palms
5) Keep the eyes closed and lower the hands
6) Repeat it at least three times
Guidelines for Rotational Viewing
1) Sit with straight legs in front of the body
2) Place your left hand on the left knee
3) Hold the right-hand fist above the right knee with the thumb pointing upwards. Remember to keep the elbow straight
4) Keep the head still and focus your eyes on the thumb
5) Using the thumb make a circle and keep the elbow straight
6) Make sure to repeat the motion five times in the clockwise and anti-clockwise direction
7) Now, repeat the process with the left thumb
8) Lastly, close your eyes and rest after performing these eye vision exercises.
Guidelines for Near and Distant Viewing
1) Stand or sit near an open window with a clear view of the horizon. Keep the arms by your side.
2) Focus on the tip of the nose for 5 to 10 seconds
3) Repeat the process 10 to 20 times
4) Close and relax the eyes
Guidelines for Preliminary Nose Tip Gazing
1) Sit in the cross-legged pose
2) Lift the right arm straight and directly in front of the nose
3) Make a fist with the right hand and keep the thumb pointing upward
4) Focus the eyes on tip of the thumb
5) Bend the arm and bring the thumb to the tip of the nose but keep the eyes focused on the tip of the thumb
6) Maintain the position for some time with thumb at the tip of the nose and eyes focused on it
7) Keep gazing at the thumb and straighten the arm
8) Perform these eye vision exercises five times more
Why Enroll in a Yoga Teacher Certification?
Become a Yoga Alliance Member
One of the major benefits of joining a yoga teacher certification is that you become a member of the Yoga Alliance. That means you get to enjoy all the benefits, perks, and discounts of being a Yoga Alliance member.
For instance, you get better exposure since you are listed on the online portals and directories maintained by the Yoga Alliance. So, more and more people get to see you that offers you more clients.
Not just that, you get a list of genuine clients. That means anyone asking for your services would be genuine and dedicated to the yoga practice. It will surely boost your image as a great yoga teacher.
Deepen the Practice
The biggest mistake that yoga practitioners do is that they stop practising yoga as soon as their yoga course gets completed. In that case, you no longer progress at the same pace as you expected. Hence, you might lose touch with yoga practice over time.
However, when you join a yoga teacher certification course, you get a chance to deepen your yoga practice. Not just that, you get access to different yogic practices.
Thus, you are always progressing that helps you become a yoga master in the least possible time. Moreover, staying in touch with the yoga practice keeps you off from any form of injury. Hence, you stay fit and in the best shape of your life.
Master a Yoga Style
The existence of diverse yoga styles makes it difficult for yoga practitioners to choose the best one. So, they end up choosing either the wrong yoga form or do not master any yoga style. However, to become a yoga teacher, you must master a yoga form.
So, you should choose the yoga style that aligns with your goal. Hence, when you join a yoga teacher certification course, you get to practice a yoga form until you master every element related to the yoga form you have selected.
To improve eyesight in the long run you need to practice these eye vision exercises to keep your vision working into old age without any issues.
Ques 1) Can you improve your eyesight naturally?
Ans) Yes! You can improve your eyesight naturally by doing different exercises for your eyes. Moreover, having a good quality workout and healthy can improve your weak eyesight. Further, you need to relax your eye muscles by cooling them down with cold water or ice. Refrain from using smartphone devices for longer hours.
Ques 2) How can I strengthen my weak eyesight?
Ans) It depends on how much vision has left in your eyes. If it can be repaired, some basic eye movement exercises might help you. For that, you can go with yoga for the eyes. Moreover, complementing your routine with a wholesome diet can help you out to a greater degree.
Ques 3) What should I eat for weak eyes?
Ans) You need to eat green vegetables, take fish oil supplements, and drink lots of water. Moreover, make sure you eat fresh seasonal fruits if you want to improve your eyesight. Hence, these will improve the overall eye health that might help you see better.