200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
Get set to immerse yourself in an astoundingly remarkable yoga experience. Svadhyaya Kosha offers a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh, India. Certified by Yoga Alliance USA, the syllabus of the RYT 200 course covers each and everything to help students attain proficiency in the field of yoga and finally get Yoga Alliance certification.
During the 200 hour yoga teacher training, you will frequently be given a comprehensive knowledge of various topics. To clarify, these topics are Yoga Alignment and Adjustment, Yoga Anatomy and Physiology, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Mantras Chanting, Pranayama, Yoga Asana, Yog Mudras, Shatkarma, Yoga Teaching Methodology, Yoga Nidra, and Yoga Philosophy.
Ranging right from breathing techniques to yoga poses and spiritual practices of yoga to meditation, we’ll truly help you gain powerful and life-changing experience with our 200 hour yoga teacher training program. Yoga gurus at Svadhyaya Kosha, while escalating your yoga practice and awareness, will always make you feel like home so that you can learn things in a hassle-free manner.
This is the first level of yoga training designed to make yoga students familiar with various yoga types and techniques. The 200 hour yoga teacher training program helps students understand the basics of yoga and become a yoga teacher. However, if your motive is to become an expert yoga instructor then getting the certification of 300 hours and 500 hour yoga teacher training can sharpen your skills.
What is 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course?
200 hour yoga teacher training is a month-long beginner yoga certification course. It is designed to give interested students a perfect path for developing a comprehensive yet basic understanding of various yoga techniques and practices. Moreover, The Yoga Alliance Certified 200 hour yoga teacher training course comprises a carefully curated curriculum. This way, students learn about various types and techniques of yoga like achieve mastery over Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, and many more yoga techniques.
Students can spread the knowledge of yoga with a 200 hour yoga teacher training certification. In some countries, however, getting certification for 300 yoga teacher training might increase your credibility, if you are planning to run your own yoga school or looking for a job.
Why 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India?
Needless to say, Rishikesh is one of the holiest places in India where saints and sages, who have mastered the yogic arts, are visiting to empower their spiritual practices for thousands of years. Located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the place has overpowering spiritual energy along with the amalgamation of many wonders. Nested in the lap of nature, Rishikesh is the perfect fit for yoga enthusiasts to practice yoga and find inner peace. Besides, it is the place to advance yoga understanding from beginners’ yoga level to the proficient level.
Apart from that, yoga beginners need a more apt and fitting place to concentrate and understand the concept of yoga. For this, no place can be better than Rishikesh, the birthplace of yoga. Practicing yoga amidst the serene beauty of nature will take your yoga experience to the next level.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Prerequisites and Eligibility Criteria
For joining 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, a student must have a great deal of self-study and self-motivation throughout the yoga program. Your dedication, discipline, attentiveness, and commitment is all we need while attending various yoga classes.
Though we recommend having basic 6-month yoga practice knowledge, however, it is not mandatory.
Mark our words, at Svadhyaya Kosha, you will get the best yoga teacher training in India. But, if you want to take our legacy with you, you are expected to attend each and every yoga class. Also, you need to respect the teachers, maintain the timeliness, be attentive, and adhere to general rules and regulations.
Basic Principals and Guidelines to be Followed While Doing 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Students are expected to strictly observe the Yoga TTC routine.
- Disrespect to the rules and regulations of Svadhyaya Kosha yoga school in Rishikesh will not be accepted. It may result in immediate termination of the studentship with no refund of the yoga course fee.
- If a student is not willing to have a particular meal, he/she is expected to intimate regarding the same in advance. Doing so will help us save food from wastage.
- Any activity that is not related to a particular yoga course is not permitted.
- Non-vegetarian food, smoking, alcohol, and drug consumption are strictly prohibited during the yoga course.
- You are expected to be on time for every yoga class while doing this yoga certification course. Late entry to class will not be permitted if it has been already commenced by a yoga guru.
- Students are expected to attend all the classes of the 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course for successfully completing it with yoga certification. In case of illness or health issues, absenting yourself from the yoga program without intimation would be interpreted as a violation of rules. Also, it may affect the student’s studentship and certification for 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Retreats.
Detailed Syllabus For 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Svadhyaya Kosha offers all-inclusive and intensive Yoga Teacher Training. The syllabus for 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training covers the basic elements to help students learn about yoga. During the training, students are taught about:
- How a yoga class is structured
- Understanding of Yoga Asanas, Pranayama, and meditation techniques
- Basics of Yoga anatomy and the mechanics of yoga poses
- Introduction to Bandhas, Mudras, chakras, and other yogic concepts
- History and Methodology of yoga
1. Yoga Alignment and Adjustment
You can’t become a yoga instructor unless you acquaint yourself with the required yoga teaching techniques for a yoga asana class. This particular beginners yoga class focuses on the learning of important asanas along with ideal methods to team them. Students will learn how to adjust various yoga poses in 200 hour yoga teacher training course. Also, they will know about the variations for the difficult yoga poses by making use of micro-bends, props, and more approaches.
- How to perform yoga asanas adjustment and what is making them good?
- Ways to adjust your own body in a particular posture.
- How to adjust other’s bodies in a posture?
- Acquisition to efficaciously find out which adjustment is best suited for which yoga pose?
- Acquisition to observe yoga adjustment in the body before performing it on yourself.
- Learning about the use of various tools for maximizing your adjustment ability.
- Learning the use of correct body mechanisms. Also, learn about your own body weight for ensuring safe and effective yoga adjustment.
2. Anatomy and Physiology
The anatomy and physiology class covers essential knowledge of the human body mechanism. Attending this yoga class can help a student recognize the significance of various body parts of the human body in detail. This Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour yoga teacher training in India will offer:
- Anatomy understanding and importance
- Introduction to Digestive System, Respiratory System, and Nervous System
- Concept of Circulatory System and Endocrine System
- Introduction to Joints and Range of Motion
- Concept of Postural Imbalances
- Introduction to the Skeletal System and Bone System
- Stress and Homeostasis
- Physiology of Asanas like twist, backbend, forward bend, standing, inversion, etc.
3. Ashtanga Vinyasa
Ashtanga Vinyasa can be called as a modern-day form of classical Indian yoga. Practicing Ashtanga is energetic and helps a yogi synchronize breath with movements. This beginner yoga class covers the know-how of individual yoga asanas. Apart from that, you will learn flowing movements, aka vinyasas in 200 hour yoga teacher training. You will learn:
- Introduction to Ashtanga Vinyasa
- History of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga yoga practice method
- Introduction to Vinyasa: Movement Breathing System
- Introduction to Tristhana that includes pranayama, asana, and drishti.
- Various fundamentals of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
4. Hatha yoga
Some specific asanas that belong to Hatha Yoga are included in this 200 hour yoga teacher training certification course. In the Hatha Yoga class, a student not only learns about various Hatha yoga poses but also get familiar with their importance.
- What is Asana?
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga?
- What are the 6 steps of doing Hatha Yoga asana meditatively?
- Introduction to Surya and Chandra Namaskar
- What is the goal of Hatha Yoga?
- How the practice of Hatha yoga can help you in the modern world?
- Benefits and Contraindication of different Asanas
- What is the importance of counterposing in Hatha Yoga?
- What is the importance of Shavasan? Reasons why it is been practiced at the end of each yoga class?
- Introduction to Ida and Pingala counterposing in Hatha Yoga Tradition
5. Kundalini Yoga
Kundalini Yoga is the perfect blend of Bhakti, Raja, and Shakti Yoga. Practicing Kundalini yoga will leave you feeling like you have gone through yoga therapy. In the Kundalini Yoga class, a student will be made acquainted with all about Kundalini with the learning of topics like.
- What is Kundalini and Kriya Yoga?
- Understanding of Yantra, Tantra, and Mantra
- Introduction to seven main and other chakras
- Various Methods of Kundalini Awakening
- Learning of various signs of Kundalini awakening
- Understanding the life of Kundalini
- Introduction to the stages of Kundalini awakening
- Comprehensive knowledge of Kundalini and its Chakra system
6. Mantra Chanting
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh at Svadhyaya Kosha incorporates various lessons of mantras. These lessons help students feel peaceful vibrations and create an atmosphere of serenity. During the 200 hour yoga TTC registered with Yoga Alliance, you will be informed about:
- Mantra yoga
- Importance of (OM)-AUM Mantra
- What is the Mantra for Obstacles?
- Mantra for universal masters to bless
- What is the Mantra for Realization for well being?
- Introduction to the concept of om and so hum in context to Kundalini yoga
- What are the Seed Mantras of Chakras?
Meditation is one of the best, effective, and most popular methods to relieve stress. It is a perfect way towards a balanced and peaceful life. This class will not only help you fight stresses and strains but also pain, sorrow, anger, and jealousy. During 200-hour yoga teacher training certification class, a yogi/yogini will learn about many topics such as:
- What is Meditation?
- Difference between Dharna and Dhyana?
- What are the various types of Meditation?
- Breath Awareness Meditation
- What is Contemplative Walking Meditation?
- Introduction to Mantra Awareness Meditation
- Introduction to Kayasthariyam (stabling the body position)
- Chakra Meditation
- Understanding of Third eye Meditation
While doing the Pranayama class, students are guided by yoga instructors. They are informed about how to get engaged in various deep breathing techniques. Best of all, Pranayama helps in improving the overall health of a person. Under the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course, a student learns various topics including:
- Basic understanding of Prana and Pranayama
- What are the types of Pranayama practices?
- What type of breathing one can practice in Hatha Yoga?
- Confusing prana and kundalini
- Understanding of prana and its Nadi’s Solar and lunar breaths
- What are the various ways of balancing pranayama?
Shatkarma can be called as the cleansing technique of yoga. There are six main shatkarmas which will be taught to the attendees of 200 hours yoga teacher training certification course. The syllabus for 200 hour yoga teacher training class is as follows:
- Introduction of Shat Kriyas
- How to do Jalneti and Sutra Neti?
- How to do Kunjal dhauti?
- Eye cleaning Methods
10. Teaching methodology
This yoga class of 200 hour yoga teacher training includes important asanas. during the class, a student will learn the know-how of various yoga methods to teach them. Apart from that, this beginner’s yoga certification course will make you familiar with how to adjust and align yoga poses. Also, you will learn the variations for various yoga poses by making use of props and other techniques. The syllabus for 200 hour yoga teacher training class covers various topics like:
- Concept of yogic disciplines for both students and teachers
- The importance of listening, presence, directive, and non-directive dialogue
- Importance of demonstration?
- How to prepare the yoga classroom?
- How to describe the yoga practice, yoga techniques, and delivery in teaching a yoga class?
- What are the steps to become a Yoga Instructor?
11. Yoga Nidra
Also known as dynamic sleep, Yoga Nidra helps in prompting the human body to deeply relax while the mind remains inside alert. 200 hour yoga teacher training class will teach you about various topics such as.
- What is sleep?
- What are the three states of consciousness?
- Benefits of deep sleep
- Concept of Yoga Nidra and the various practices of Yoga Nidra
- Concept of Yoga Nidra in connection with chakras
12. Yoga Philosophy
By knowing the philosophy of yoga, a student ends up creating physical, intellectual, and emotional harmony. During this yoga teacher training certification course, a student will be introduced to various concepts like:
- Introduction to yoga
- History and types of yoga
- Kundalini yoga
- Karma and Non-attachment
- Concept of nadis (pingla, ida, and shusumna)
- Introduction to Panchkosha
- Concept of 7 chakras
- Understanding the order of practicing for Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- How Hatha Yoga is the best basic practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa and particularly for meditation?
Mantra Chanting and Cleansing
Alignment and Adjustment
Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
Note: To point out, there may be changes in the daily schedule from time to time as per the need of a particular yoga program.
Cost of 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
|Student Batch Size||10|
|Location:||Svadhyaya Kosha, Rishikesh|
|Shared Room:||$1500 USD
|Private Room:||$1700 USD
What Does the 200 Hour TTC Fees Include?
- Accommodation for 27 Nights
- Daily tea and three-time vegetarian meal
- Purified Water
- Cultural and nature excursions (occasionally)
- Air Conditioner – Extra Charges
- Course Material like Yoga Mat and Yoga Books
- Jal Neti Pot and Mala
- 24×7 WiFi Access
- Pick and Drop (On request with additional charges)
What Does the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Fees Not Include?
- Air Tickets
Upcoming Dates to Join 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
- March 1st to 28 March 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- April 1st to 28 April 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- May 1st to 28 May 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- June 1st to 28 June 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- July 1st to 28 July 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- August 1st to 28 August 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- September 1st to 28 September 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- October 1st to 28 October 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- November 1st to 28 November 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- December 1st to 28 December 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Happy Svadhyaya Kosha Students
Enroll now! Join a 200 hour yoga teacher training course at Svadhyaya Kosha to have a truly immersive yoga experience!