500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training at Svadhyaya Kosha in India
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India is the best yoga program for you if you want to become a yoga instructor. The Yoga Alliance teacher training program is an advanced-level yoga training for those yoga enthusiasts who want to reach pinnacles in the learning of yoga.
After doing 500 hour yoga teacher training course, you achieve yoga instructor certification, Besides, if you want to immerse others into yogic life by becoming a profound yoga teacher, the course can certainly help. All in all, 500 hours yoga teacher training is the best way to earn mastery in the true practices of yoga.
Joining 500 hour yoga teacher training in India at Svadhyaya Kosha can make you a proficient yoga instructor so that you can easily conduct yoga classes for people from various walks of life. During the course, you will get a comprehensive understanding of yogic life through both theoretical and practical yoga classes.
What is 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training?
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a 60-day program that nurtures your being not only physically and mentally but also spiritually to become a yoga instructor. This Yoga Alliance certified course will allow you to discover new perspectives of yoga. Being the most advanced level training course in yoga, 500 hour yoga teacher training will develop your understanding of Yoga Anatomy, Philosophy, Asanas, Alignment, and many other topics.
Our 500 hour yoga teacher training program makes you prepare to become a yoga instructor. By joining us, you can know:
- Advanced yoga technique for meditation, pranayama, yoga asanas, and more.
- How to explore deep and gain insight into the yogic lifestyle.
- Advanced yoga skills for gaining mastery in the same.
- Various concepts related to hidden Vedic science.
- Last but not least, various methods to become a yoga instructor.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – Prerequisites and Eligibility Criteria
500 Hour yoga teacher training can be joined by beginners, students with intermediate level yoga experience, and advanced practitioners. However, there should be a true desire to learn yoga and dedication to dig deeper into it.
Apart from that, wellness and meditation teachers, or education and medical staff can also join the course to advance their knowledge of yoga and related concepts.
To get yoga instructor certification in 500 hour yoga teacher training, a student is expected to attend classes for two months, that too without any miss. Assessment will be entirely based on the practical as well as written evaluations. Apart from that, student conduct and behavior during the entire training will also be observed and included in the assessment.
Basic Principals and Guidelines to be Followed While Doing 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
During the Yoga Alliance teacher training at Svadhyaya Kosha, a student is expected to follow some basic rules and regulations, which are as follows:
- First, be in modest attire during the entire training period, kindly understand the Indian culture.
- Second, disrespect to any rule or towards any person will not be tolerated and can result in termination from the training, without any refunds.
- Third, if you want to skip any meal on a particular day during the Rishikesh yoga teacher training, you are advised to intimate the same in advance so that no food wastage can be there.
- Fourth, non-vegetarian food, alcohol, and smoking are strictly prohibited while doing the 500 hour yoga teacher training course at Svadhyaya Kosha in Rishikesh, India.
- Fifth, you could be provided with some books or other readable material to understand various yoga concepts in a better way., but before departure kindly don’t forget to return the same.
- Sixth, you are advised to attend all classes if you want to become a yoga instructor. A single miss can prove to be a big loss. You are permitted to take leave only with the prior approval of the respective yoga teacher, that too in the case of illness or emergency.
- Seventh, leaves taken without any information will be considered as a violation of rules and could effect the assessment.
- Lastly,Svadhyaya Kosha Rishikesh yoga teacher training school reserves the right to terminate any student if found disrespecting the rules and doing misconduct.
Detailed Syllabus for 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
1. Yoga Philosophy
Attending the class helps students appreciate and understand the philosophy of yoga. It includes:
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
- Origin of Yoga
- What are the different paths of yoga
- Obstacles in Yoga
- Eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga that includes Yama, Asana, Niyama, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi, Pranayama, Niyama, and Pratyahara.
- Hatha Kosha
- Panch Kosha
- Introduction to Yoga Sutra
- Orientation of Hathyoga Pradipika
- Orientation of Upanishad
- Gheranda Samhita
Pranayama word refers to the extension of the life force. If you want to make your mind and body ready for meditation, then the practice of Pranayama is a must. The yoga class includes:
- Introduction to Pranayama
- Chandra Bhedi
- Surya Bhedi
- Nadi Shodhana
- Yogic Breathing
- Abdominal Breathing
- Natural Breathing
- Thoracic Breathing
- Cavicular Breathing
3. Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
Under 500 hour yoga teacher training course, this class offers a precise understanding of human anatomy and physiology. During the class, a student will get to know about topics like:
- Skeletal System
- Introduction to Joints and Range of Motion
- Introduction to Postural Imbalances
- Muscular System
- Physiology of Yoga Asana
- Physiology of Stretching and Breathing
- Introduction to common yoga injuries and ways to prevent them
- Understanding of Central Nervous System
- Understanding of Endocrine System
- Digestive System Anatomy and Physiology
- Respiratory System
- Blood and Immune System
- Cardiovascular System
- Stress and Homeostasis
- Physiology of Pranayama
- Physiology of Meditation
Our yoga instructors will make you learn how to meditate for the transformation of the mind. In 500 hour yoga teacher training, you will learn:
- Introduction to Meditation
- Soham Meditation
- Kundalini Meditation
- Chakra Meditation
- Osho Meditation
- Yoga Nidra Meditation
- Tratak Meditation
- Nad Brahma Meditation
- Prana Meditation
- Inner Light Meditation
- Mantra Chanting Meditation
5. Mantra Recitation
By repeating mantras, you can learn how to concentrate on meditation. You will learn mantras like:
- Guru Mantra
- Ganesha Mantra
- Shakti Mantra
- Shanti Mantra
- Gayatri Mantra
- Mangalacharan Mantra
500 hour yoga teacher training will help a student to become a yoga instructor by learning the know-how of various asanas, including:
- Backbend postures like Shalabhasana, Matsyasana, Bhujangasana, Setu Asana, Rajkapotasana, and more.
- Forward bend postures like Janusirasana, Paschimotanasana, Adho mujha svanasana, Ardh padam paschimotanasana, etc.
- Inverted Postures like Halasana, Sirsasana, Sarvangasana, Adho mukha vrkshasana and Pincha mayurasana.
- Dynamic Postures
- Relaxation Postures
- Breathing Practices
- Standing Postures
- Meditative Postures
- Balancing Postures
- Meditational Practices
- Inverted Postures
- Twisting Postures
This yoga class in 500 hour yoga teacher training program will make you aware of several points such as:
- How to practice teaching?
- How to give and receive feedback?
- Ways to teach and observe others
- How to assist students?
- Sun salutation & its variations
- Sun salutation with chakra awareness
- Static & Dynamic Asana
- Moon salutation
- Cultural asana series
- Standing posture
- Health assessment on asana
- Balancing postures
- Supine postures
- Core practices of asan
This yoga class will make students deepen their knowledge about Bandhas. You will be guided about topics like:
- Understanding of Bandhas
- Importance and benefits of Bandhas
- Preparation and practice of Bandhas at advance level
- Introduction to Mula Bandha
- The practice of Mula Bandha
- Introduction to Uddiyana Bandha
- The practice of Uddiyana Bandha
- Introduction and practice of Jalandhara Bandha at the advance level
- Introduction and practice of Maha Bandha at the advance level
9. Teaching Techniques and Alignment
This yoga class will make students deepen their knowledge about Bandhas. During 500 hour yoga teacher training course in India at Svadhyaya Kosha, you will learn the difference between a right and wrong yoga posture, and how to make a posture right.
Apart from that, students will be guided with how to create a group for helping each other for creating a sequence of asanas to learn the yoga teaching methodology.
10. Sun Salutations
Known as Surya Namaskar, this yoga class will make you understand and learn:
- Om (Aum) Suryaya Namaha
- Om (Aum) Mitraaya Namaha
- Om (Aum) Bhaanave Namaha
- Om (Aum) Ravaye Namaha
- Om (Aum) Pooshne Namaha
- Om (Aum) Bhaskaraya Namaha
- Om (Aum) Savitre Namaha
- Om (Aum) Aadityaaya Namaha
- Om (Aum) Arkaaya Namaha
- Om (Aum) Pooshne Namaha
- Om (Aum) Khagaya Namaha
- Om (Aum) Mareechaye Namaha
- Om (Aum) Hiranya Garbhaya Namaha
11. Mudra Practice
Mudra is a blend of subtle physical movements that helps in influencing our internal organ, mind, concentration, and pranic body. During this class under 500 hour yoga teacher training, a student will learn various topics in detail. For example:
- Concept of Mudra
- Chin Mudra
- Jnana Mudra
- Yoni Mudra
- Prana Mudra
- Ling Mudra
- Hridaya Mudra
- Shambhavi Mudra
- Yoga Mudra
- Ashwani Mudra
- Apana Mudra
The 500 hour yoga teacher training class will teach you how to become a yoga instructor by gaining knowledge of various topics. For instance:
- Shankha Prakshalana
Mantra Chanting and Cleansing
Alignment and Adjustment
Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
Note: To point out, there may be changes in the daily schedule from time to time as per the need of a particular yoga program.
Cost of 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India at Svadhyaya Kosha
|Student Batch Size||10 – 15|
|Location:||Svadhyaya Kosha, Rishikesh|
|Shared Room:||$3000 USD|
|Private Room:||$3500 USD|
What Does the 500 Hour TTC Fees Include?
- Accommodation for 59 Nights
- Daily tea and three-time vegetarian meal
- Purified Water
- Weekend cultural and nature excursions
- Air Conditioner – Extra Charges
- Course Material like Yoga Mat and Yoga Books
- Jal Neti Pot and Mala
- 24×7 WiFi Access
- Pick and Drop (On request with additional charges)
What Does the 500 Hour Teacher Training Course Fees Not Include?
- Air Tickets
Note: Regarding air bookings help, feel free to get in touch with us via email. You can also contact us by dialing our number 1-866-987-1750.
Upcoming Dates to Join 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
- March 1st to 29 April 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- April 1st to 30 May 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- May 1st to 29 June 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- June 1st to 30 July 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- July 1st to 29 August 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- August 1st to 29 September 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- September 1st to 30 October 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- October 1st to 29 November 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- November 1st to 30 December 2020 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
- December 1st to 29 January 2021 (Yoga Alliance Certification)
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Happy Svadhyaya Kosha Students
Join 500 hour yoga teacher training course at Svadhyaya Kosha to get Yoga Alliance teacher training and become a yoga instructor.