Practice Yoga to Burn Belly Fat
Yoga to Burn Belly Fat– An unhealthy diet combined with a sedentary lifestyle has led to an increase in the problem of obesity and overweight around the world. Moreover, a lack of exercise causes you to gain unhealthy weight. Overweight makes your body vulnerable to a host of severe medical problems like high blood pressure, stroke, and diabetes among others.
Do you want to get rid of unhealthy belly fat without going through the cumbersome gym routine? It is time you try yoga to burn belly fat which does not require any special equipment or supplements. There are specific yoga poses to help you get rid of unhealthy belly fat? But, let us first understand how exactly weight loss happens.
What is Weight Loss – In Brief
The concept of weight loss boils down to burning more calories than you consume. Calories are your body’s fuel and burning them releases energy to maintain the different systems in your body.
However, when you consume more calories than your body needs these get converted to fat and get deposited in different parts of your body. In such a scenario you need to create a calorie deficit by reducing the amount of food you consume. When your body starts using the fat deposits then you start losing weight.
With that said, let us now understand how yoga can help you get rid of the unnecessary fat deposits.
Yoga To Burn Belly Fat
Yoga burns fewer calories than other forms of exercise it is a steady path to weight loss. However, the effects of yoga to burn belly fat lasts much longer. Yoga improves your metabolic rate which ensures your body continues to burn calories throughout the day. On the other hand, the effects of other forms of exercise like weight lifting do not last for a day.
For burning fat much faster you have to practice yoga styles like Ashtanga, Iyengar, Power, or Bikram yoga. You also get to add muscle mass to your body which is not possible with other forms of exercise.
With that said, let us now check out the different yoga poses that help you get rid of the belly fat.
3 Yoga Poses to Burn Belly Fat
Given below are three yoga poses to help you burn belly fat.
1. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
Boat Pose is the best yoga to burn belly fat pose that helps you build a solid core, improve the digestive system, and stimulate nervous as well as the circulatory system.
How to Practice Naukasana
1) Lie down on your back on the yoga mat.
2) Lift your upper and lower body. Balance yourself on the sitting bones by forming a V-shape.
3) Make sure your toes align with your vision.
4) Keep your knees and back completely straight.
5) Keep your arms parallel to the ground and pointing forward.
6) Tighten your abdominal muscles.
7) Inhale and exhale.
2. Kumbhakasana (Plank Pose)
Plank Pose helps you develop core muscles. It strengthens your thighs, arms, and shoulders along with balancing the nervous system.
Steps to Practice Plank Pose
1) Lie on the yoga mat on your stomach.
2) Keep both your palms under your shoulders and lift your upper body, pelvis, and knees.
3) Maintain a steady grip on the yoga mat with your toes. Keep both knees completely straight.
4) Align your knees, spine, and pelvis.
5) Keep your wrists exactly below your shoulders with both arms straight.
6) Hold this position for some time and relax.
The Plank Pose is an effective yoga to burn belly fat pose that stimulates the Manipura Chakra and develops an inner harmony.
3. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Bow Pose helps you burn unnecessary belly fat, improve digestion, and develop flexibility. This is the best yoga asana to burn belly fat.
How to Practice the Bow Pose
1) Lie down on the yoga mat your stomach. Stretch your legs outwards and arms under your shoulders.
2) Bend your knees. Reach your arms back to your ankles. Hold this position for some time.
3) Take a deep breath and go back to the starting position.
4) Repeat this asana at least five times with a break of at least 15 seconds in between each practice.
Accumulation of unhealthy fat on your belly is the leading cause of a number of medical problems like heart problems, breathlessness, and diabetes among others. Inculcating regular practice of yoga to burn belly fat poses mentioned above can help you get rid of this fat in a natural way.
Read more: Yoga for Height – The Secret to a Taller You