Yoga for Height – The Secret to a Taller You
The sacred art of yoga has been around for centuries and is a permanent part of Indian culture. Although other forms of physical exercises like the gym overshadowed this spiritual art recent years have seen it reemerged as a stronger opponent to other forms of exercise. Yoga provides a host of benefits for your mental and physical health. There is yoga for height asanas that can help you gain some height.
There are specific yoga asanas that help you increase height and become taller. It is, without a doubt, a good height not only adds to your overall personality but is also linked to a higher IQ level. Being tall gets you noticed in public and also appealing which only adds to a more positive outlook towards life.
With that said, let us find out how exactly yoga helps increase your height.
How Yoga Increases Your Height
Although your height depends on genetic and non-genetic factors along with nutrition, yoga for height also does wonders to add those inches to your personality.
Given below is how yoga works its magic in adding inches to your height.
- Yoga poses increase your height by stretching your body muscles.
- The bending and stretching of your body during yoga asanas while controlling the breath increases your height at many levels.
- Inhalation and exhalation are done in the yoga session to release the stress that causes tension in your back muscles. This stress activates the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormones and add those inches to your height.
- Different yoga postures for height improves the alignment of your spinal cord.
- The gravitational effect of the yoga asanas pulls your body to increase height.
- However, that is not it. You also need to know the yoga poses that will help add those inches to your height.
Also read: Have a Look at Various Benefits of Yoga
Yoga For Height Poses
As stated above, height depends on many factors like genetics, level of physical activity, and genetics. With that in mind, given below are the three yoga poses you can practice for increasing their height.
1. Tadasana For Height (Mountain Pose)
Also known as the Mountain Pose, Tadasana is the simplest yoga pose you can practice to increase height. It does wonders in improving the posture of your body and makes the knees and thighs stronger.
- How to Practice Tadasana
- Stand with your feet together and back completely straight in a comfortable position.
- Keep both your hands by the side and palms facing your thighs.
- Raise both arms together towards the upward direction while inhaling fresh air.
- Lift your heels and stand on your toes by trying to stretch your body upwards as much as you can.
- Breathe out and come back to the starting position.
Read More – How to Balance Vata Pitta Kapha
2. Vrikshasana For Height (Tree Pose)
The Tree Pose works wonderfully when it comes to increasing height as it stretches your body muscles, posture, and circulation.
Steps to Practice Vrikshasana
- Keep your feet together on the yoga mat and breathe normally.
- Keep both your hands by the sides of your body.
- Maintain your balance and stand firmly on one leg.
- Fold your other leg and bring its sole towards the inner thighs.
- Raise both your arms over your head and join both palms together.
- Now balance on your other foot and keep both elbows straight.
- Hold this position and change the leg after a rest of one minute.
3. Bhujangasana For Height (Cobra Pose)
Known for being the best yoga for height pose, Cobra Pose is also a major stress buster and stimulates your reproductive system as well. It also works on your metabolism and digestive system.
- How to Practice Cobra Pose
- Lie on the yoga mat on your stomach and place both hands on the ground.
- Keep your elbows close to the ribs. Your shoulders should also be away from your ears.
- Inhale and lift your chest. Straighten both your arms.
- Bend your neck backwards and work around on your neck muscles.
- Look upwards and hold the position for at least 20 to 30 seconds.
- Exhale gently and get back to the resting position.
A tall height gives you an advantage in social gatherings. Moreover, adequate height also makes you confident in life. You should practice the three yoga for height poses mentioned above to add those inches to your height.