Yoga for Height – The Secret to a Taller You
The sacred art of yoga has been around for centuries and is a permanent part of Indian culture. Although other forms of physical exercises like the gym overshadowed this spiritual art recent years have seen it reemerged as a stronger opponent to other forms of exercise. Yoga provides a host of benefits for your mental and physical health. There is yoga for height asanas that can help you gain some height.
There are specific yoga asanas that help you increase height and become taller. It is, without a doubt, a good height not only adds to your overall personality but is also linked to a higher IQ level. Being tall gets you noticed in public and also appealing which only adds to a more positive outlook towards life.
With that said, let us find out how exactly yoga helps increase your height.
How Yoga Increases Your Height
Although your height depends on genetic and non-genetic factors along with nutrition, yoga for height also does wonders to add those inches to your personality.
Given below is how yoga works its magic in adding inches to your height.
- Yoga poses increase your height by stretching your body muscles.
- The bending and stretching of your body during yoga asanas while controlling the breath increases your height at many levels.
- Inhalation and exhalation are done in the yoga session to release the stress that causes tension in your back muscles. This stress activates the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormones and add those inches to your height.
- Different yoga postures for height improve the alignment of your spinal cord.
- The gravitational effect of the yoga asanas pulls your body to increase height.
- However, that is not it. You also need to know the yoga poses that will help add those inches to your height.
Also read: Have a Look at Various Benefits of Yoga
Yoga For Height Poses
As stated above, height depends on many factors like genetics, level of physical activity, and genetics. With that in mind, given below are the three yoga poses you can practice for increasing their height.
1. Tadasana For Height (Mountain Pose)
Also known as the Mountain Pose, Tadasana is the simplest yoga pose you can practice to increase height. It does wonders in improving the posture of your body and makes the knees and thighs stronger.
- How to Practice Tadasana
- Stand with your feet together and back completely straight in a comfortable position.
- Keep both your hands by the side and palms facing your thighs.
- Raise both arms together towards the upward direction while inhaling fresh air.
- Lift your heels and stand on your toes by trying to stretch your body upwards as much as you can.
- Breathe out and come back to the starting position.
Read More – How to Balance Vata Pitta Kapha
2. Vrikshasana For Height (Tree Pose)
The Tree Pose works wonderfully when it comes to increasing height as it stretches your body muscles, posture, and circulation.
Steps to Practice Vrikshasana
- Keep your feet together on the yoga mat and breathe normally.
- Keep both your hands by the sides of your body.
- Maintain your balance and stand firmly on one leg.
- Fold your other leg and bring its sole towards the inner thighs.
- Raise both your arms over your head and join both palms together.
- Now balance on your other foot and keep both elbows straight.
- Hold this position and change the leg after a rest of one minute.
3. Bhujangasana For Height (Cobra Pose)
Known for being the best yoga for height pose, Cobra Pose is also a major stress buster and stimulates your reproductive system as well. It also works on your metabolism and digestive system.
- How to Practice Cobra Pose
- Lie on the yoga mat on your stomach and place both hands on the ground.
- Keep your elbows close to the ribs. Your shoulders should also be away from your ears.
- Inhale and lift your chest. Straighten both your arms.
- Bend your neck backwards and work around on your neck muscles.
- Look upwards and hold the position for at least 20 to 30 seconds.
- Exhale gently and get back to the resting position.
If you think that all yoga does is increase your height, think again.
Other Benefits of Yoga
Apart from adding some inches to your overall appearance, yoga offers you a complete system of well-being and health.
Keeping that in mind, let us check out what other benefits does yoga offers you.
If you are looking for a way to develop strength and flexibility, you should enrol in a yoga school. Daily yoga practice has proven itself beneficial for overall body posture, balance, and coordination.
These physical benefits help complete your daily athletic movements with minimal risk of injury. In the long run, yoga practice has been found useful in taking care of joint discomfort, especially for those suffering from arthritis.
It also keeps your blood pressure and blood sugar levels in balance. This in turn benefits your cardiovascular system.
Yoga helps you relax mentally and have more control over your thinking patterns. It helps you develop a more positive outlook on life and the world around you.
At the same time, yoga also helps you relieve feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression. You become less critical towards others and yourself. It is what helps you sleep peacefully at night and make the right decisions in life.
Besides these, yoga also helps you;
- Lose weight
- Control symptoms of menopause
- Prevent chronic health conditions
- Quit smoking and alcohol
- Deal with chronic pain
A common question that many individuals often ask is –
Can I Prevent Loss of Height With Age?
Yes! There are several ways for you to prevent loss of height in later years.
Include Physical Training
To prevent loss of bone density and the onset of Osteoporosis, you should inculcate strength, balance, and flexibility training into your daily fitness routine. It is here that yoga for height can help you acquire all three without much hassle.
Consume a Healthy Diet
Consuming a diet rich in all the essential nutrients and vitamins would help your body function to its maximum capacity. You should include fresh fruits, vegetables, and beans in your daily diet.
Even practising yoga for height would require you to follow a proper diet plan. For example, to prevent the onset of Osteoporosis you should consume calcium-rich foods like nuts and fish.
Practice Good Body Posture
Always be attentive to your body posture and movements throughout the day. Notice how you position your body when seated or carrying out daily activities. You should include yoga in your daily routine to maintain a healthy body posture and follow perfect alignment.
A tall height gives you an advantage in social gatherings. Moreover, adequate height also makes you confident in life. You should practice the three yoga for height poses mentioned above to add those inches to your height.