RYT 500 – A Detailed Analysis
RYT 500– Congratulations on earning your 200 and 300-Hour YTT certification! If you want to move ahead and become a certified yoga teacher then RYT 500 is the final step. This RYT program gives you the necessary skills and certification to not just practice but also teach yoga to others.
You become a certified yoga teacher after completing the RYT 500 course. This YTT takes place over a period of two months during which you learn and practice advanced yoga asanas. Apart from this, you learn other yogic techniques like meditation and pranayama. In other words, RYT 500 is the best yoga teacher training to understand yoga beyond its physical aspect.
With that said, let us check out what the RYT 500 includes.
RYT 500 – The Syllabus
Given below is what you would learn during the RYT 500.
1. Yoga Philosophy
- Introduction to the Origin and Philosophy of Yoga
- Different paths of yogic lifestyle
- Lessons on Yogic literature including Yoga Sutras and Upanishads
- Introduction to the Eight Limbs of Yoga
2. Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Lessons on Skeletal System
- Introduction to Central Nervous System
- In-Depth Lessons on Yoga stretching and breathing
- Introduction to Physiology of Meditation
3. Yoga Mantra
- Understanding the Science of Mantra Chanting
- Shakti Mantra
- Gayatri Mantra
- Guru Mantra
4. Practical Knowledge
- Techniques For Yoga Teaching
- Giving and receiving feedback during the class
- Core practices of yoga asanas
- Techniques to help students during the class
- This is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot more the RYT 500 does to help you become the best yoga teacher.
- Moreover, the 500 Hour YTT course offers you numerous benefits apart from improved flexibility and knowledge of different yoga asanas.
5 Benefits of RYT 500
Given below are five major benefits of undertaking the advanced RYT 500.
1. Deeper Self-Awareness
The RYT 500 course goes much beyond the physical aspects of yoga. This yoga teacher training is apt if you are looking to understand the mental and spiritual facets of this ancient art. It helps you understand and control the negative thoughts racing through your mind and holding you back in life. You learn to let go of the problem of comparison and understand how is killing your true potential while learning the sacred art of yoga.
2. Spiritual Body Exploration
When it comes to yoga there is so much to explore apart from the numerous yoga asanas. You learn about mantras, Pranayama, and meditation techniques. Although the 200-hour course gives you a basic idea about these concepts the 500-Hour course dives a bit deeper.
This course helps you understand how your breath works and how to rid your body of all toxins. In other words, the RYT 500 offers you the opportunity to not just practice yoga it also helps you understand the functioning of your body and mind in depth.
3. Explore Kundalini
As you dive deeper into yoga practice during the 500 Hour yoga teacher training it makes you aware of your subtle body. You have a chance to understand Kundalini yoga and unlock the dormant serpent energy lying dormant at the base of your spine. In short, the 500 YTT gives you an opportunity to bring in some big positive changes to your life.
4. Understand Anatomy
The RYT 500 provides you complete knowledge of body movement and injuries that occur due to improper body positioning and movement. It gives you a chance to not just help others understand this ancient art in depth it also assists you in deepening personal yoga practice.
Lessons on anatomy during this yoga teacher training helps you understand the complex human body and how you can use it to connect with the divine.
5. In-Depth Knowledge of Yoga Asanas
Since you have earned the 200-Hour yoga teacher training certification you are an expert in practicing yoga asanas. The 500-Hour yoga teacher training provides you a chance to understand these asanas in-depth.
For example, you might be able to perform the Virabhadrasana this course helps you know the reason why it is dangerous to extend your knee after a certain limit.
Although you might have completed the 200-Hour yoga teacher training and feeling confident about teaching this sacred art to others. However, the RYT 500 provides you not just the skills but also in-depth knowledge of yoga asanas to understand this ancient art in detail.